You’ve seen it before – a little blue check mark next to a celebrity’s name on Facebook. The check mark means the profile is “verified,” signifying that the account is the celebrity’s official Facebook account.
But did you know that profile verification isn’t just for celebrities anymore? Now, anyone can verify their Facebook Page after registering as a business. Underscoring your credibility with Facebook’s new gray checkmark for businesses is easier than you think, and there are many benefits. This article walks you through why your Facebook page should be verified and the simple steps it takes to do it.
5 Reasons to Verify Your Page
- Increased Credibility. Getting verified sends a message to your audience that they can trust your service. It also differentiates your Page from users with a similar name and establishes legitimacy when compared to competitors who haven’t verified their Pages.
- Improved Search Footprint. Since a check mark means that Facebook has already viewed and approved your Page, Facebook’s algorithm will automatically place you at the top of search results.
- More Followers. Your Page will be easier to find, and a stronger search presence is key to helping you gain new followers and see a higher rate of engagement.
- Early Access to New Facebook Features. Once you’re verified, you’ll have early access to new tools that are not yet available to all Facebook users.
- Features on Brand Social Pages. By verifying your business account, brands and other accounts will have the ability to “whitelist” you by featuring your content on their Pages! In the example below, USA Network has whitelisted Marisol Flamenco by promoting her organic content with a “Sponsored” disclosure. When you verify your Facebook Page you may even be whitelisted by our own Linqia Inspired social pages, which are designed to share, highlight, and amplify the best influencer content from Linqia’s range of influencer marketing programs.
8 Steps to Page Verification
- First, ensure your Facebook Page is categorized as a “Local Business,” “Company,” or “Organization” in your Page’s “About” section. Learn how to update page information here.
- Click “Settings” at the top of your Facebook Page.
- From “General,” click “Page Verification.”
- Click “Verify This Page,” then click “Get Started.”
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click “Call Me Now” to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
- Enter the four-digit verification code and click “Continue.”
- Note: If you don’t have a publicly listed phone number, you can verify by submitting documents like a business utility or phone bill, license, tax file, certificate of formation, or articles of incorporation. You will need a digital copy in order to upload the document to Facebook.
There are various benefits to verifying your Facebook Page, from added credibility to larger visibility to potential features on brand pages. So what are you waiting for? Make your influence Facebook official by verifying your Facebook Page today!